This website provides resources regarding the development of First-Year Engagement Plans.
FYS Goals – 2008 Senate Report
- engage students in learning and orient them to the scholarly community from the outset of their undergraduate studies in a way that will bridge to later experiences in their chosen majors, and
- facilitate students’ adjustment to the high expectations, demanding workload, increased liberties, and other aspects of the transition to college life.
FYS Objectives – 2008 Senate Report
- to introduce students to university study,
- to introduce students to Penn State as an academic community, including fields of study and areas of interest available to students,
- to acquaint students with the learning tools and resources available at Penn State,
- to provide an opportunity for students to develop relationships with full-time faculty and other students in an academic area of interest to them, and
- to introduce students to their responsibilities as part of the University community.