ARCHIVE – before 9/9/14 revisions (Policy Number changed to 54-90)
Revisions to Policy 54-90 were approved by the Senate on September 15, 2015. Revisions to this policy will become effective upon completion of implementation process(es). To view revisions, see the legislative report.
Revisions to Policy 54-90 were approved by the Senate on December 8, 2015. Revisions to this policy will become effective upon completion of implementation process(es). To view revisions, see the legislative report.
A previous associate or baccalaureate degree candidate seeking re-enrollment as a degree candidate according to Section 58-50 or a non-degree student seeking re-enrollment to the University may request the Registrar to approve Academic Renewal. To be approved:
- The student must have had an absence of at least four-years during which they were not enrolled in any Penn State credit courses, and
- The student’s previous cumulative average was below 2.00.
If Academic Renewal is granted:
- The student’s cumulative average will start over at 0.00.
- All prior courses and grades remain unchanged on the student’s academic record.
- The notation of Academic Renewal will be recorded on the student’s transcript.
- Courses passed with a grade of “C” or better during the earlier enrollment and approved by the dean of the college may be used to fulfill graduation requirements.
- The number of late drop credits available to the student will be reset to the number provided by policy 34-89.
Initial Legislation: 10/14/75 (academic redemption)