The Special Joint Committee on General Education Assessment is charged to:
- Further implement the assessment of general education outcomes within the institution’s overall plan for assessing student learning, and evidence that such assessment results are used for curricular improvement
- Develop a regular and ongoing assessment plan for (current) General Education, following the principles described in the April 28, 2015, University Faculty Senate’s Approved Legislative Report entitled, “Revision to General Education Curriculum;”
- Consult and maintain liaison with the University Faculty Senate Standing Committees on Curricular Affairs and Undergraduate Education;
- Consult and maintain liaison with the Office of Planning and Assessment.
The Special Joint Committee will be expected to present its work as follows:
- Prepare a Legislative Report for the University Faculty Senate Plenary meeting of March 15, 2016;
- Prior to submission to the Senate Council, the Special Joint Committee will forward its report for consideration, review, and feedback to the University Faculty Senate Standing Committees on Curricular Affairs and Undergraduate Education.