Special Senate Committee On Engaged Scholarship will be charged to:
• Establish a graduation requirement that all students complete an engaged scholarship activity
during their baccalaureate degree program.
• Establish broad parameters of what an engaged scholarship experience is.
• Identify and establish reward and recognition strategies for faculty and staff involved
in engaged scholarship.
• Prior to submission to the Senate Council, forward report for consideration and
approval to the University Faculty Senate Standing Committee on Curricular Affairs.
The Special Senate Committee on Engaged Scholarship will be expected to present its work as follows:
• Prepare a Legislative Report for the University Faculty Senate Plenary meeting of
April 19, 2016.