Constitution, Bylaws, and Standing Rules of the University Faculty Senate
STANDING RULES, ARTICLE III, SECTION 9
Committee on Campus Athletics
(1) All NCAA Division III Faculty Athletics Representatives.
(2) The Penn State University Athletic Conference (PSUAC) Faculty Athletics Representative.
(3) One faculty senator elected from a campus competing in athletics events other than University Park.
(a) Serves as Chair of the Committee.
(b) Serves concurrently on the Senate Committee on Intercollegiate Athletics.
(4) One student senator elected from a campus competing in athletics events other than University Park. The student senator serves concurrently on the Senate Committee on Intercollegiate Athletics.
(5) One Division III campus athletics director.
(6) Director, Commonwealth Campus Athletics.
(7) One student athlete from a campus competing in athletics events other than University Park.
(b) The University Park, Division I, Faculty Athletics Representative, will be available to advise the campus FARs as noted in the Senate’s Standing Rules, Article III, Section 8, (b) (2).
(c) The membership of the Committee on Campus Athletics will be determined annually by the Senate Committee on Committees and Rules. Committee meetings will be held at least three times per semester.
(d) Any changes recommended by the Committee on Campus Athletics to University or student policy relating to athletics (i.e., 67-00) would be proposed through the committee chair to the Senate Committee on Intercollegiate Athletics or chair of the appropriate Senate committee.
(e) Duties: The Committee on Campus Athletics will maintain a reporting to, and information-sharing, relationship with the Senate Committee on Intercollegiate Athletics. Responsibilities will include the approval of campus athletic schedules; review of studentathlete eligibility reports; ensure campus compliance with Policy 67-00; monitor studentathlete GPA requirements (both Division III and PSUAC); oversight of academic review/graduation rates of campus student-athletes; and provide consultation for campuses considering changes in athletics conferences. The CCA will provide a forum for discussion and consultation for intercollegiate athletics programs on the campuses and promote positive communication between faculty, coaches, and student athletes. The CCA will review the annual reports from the campuses and compile them for presentation to the Senate Committee on Intercollegiate Athletics. The CCA will prepare and present a biennial report on the status of campus athletics to the University Faculty Senate. The CCA will facilitate and enhance faculty consultation prior to the appointment of FARs at the campuses. The CCA will develop guidelines for the involvement of campus faculty organizations in providing oversight and consultation to the campus athletic director.
(f) Mandated reports: biennial report on the status of campus athletics.